Want to see the real-time internet upload and download speed in the taskbar of your computer? If yes, then you are on the right spot. If your computer is getting poor internet speed, then you may want to see the connection speed of your internet. If a website is taking too much time to load, it doesn’t mean that your connection is providing the worst speed.
Sometimes there can be many reasons for such an issue. But it is good to know the exact amount of speed your connection can offer. To know that you should have a tool installed on your device, which will show you the current internet speed. There are several tools and third-party programs that offer this feature at no cost. NetSpeedMonitor is arguably one of the best and popular tools for Windows to track and see the live internet speed.
How to Track and Display Internet Speed Using NetSpeedMonitor?
Step 1: Installation of NetSpeedMonitor
- Download the NetSpeedMonitor tool from the internet.
- Now install it using on-screen instructions. If the setup fails to install the application, then you will need to start the installation in Compatibility mode. To do this, right-click on the installer file and then choose the properties option.
- Go to the Compatibility option from the upper menu.
- Now tick the box located in front of the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
- Now click on the drop-down menu located beneath it and then choose the “Previous version of Windows” option.
- Hit the Apply button followed by the OK button.
- Try to run the installer file once again.
- Now follow the instructions on your screen and complete the installation.
You should be successful after activating the Compatibility mode.
Step 2: Getting Started and Setting Up the NetSpeedMonitor
In the system preferences, the tool will show you internet speed in Kilobits per second. You should change the internet speed metrics or unit to megabits per second because that would be more easy to understand. Most of the internet providers also use the MB/s speed unit while promoting and advertising their products and services.
To change the speed metrics, do a right-click over speed display icon on the taskbar. Now choose the Configuration option and press the drop-down menu saying “Bitrate.” After that, choose the “Mbit/s” unit and press the Apply button.
In the Configuration option, you can also tweak other settings like fonts, size of characters, and the toolbar adjustments.
Wrapping It Up
The tool is extremely straightforward, and you will get everything that you want from a net speed displaying tool. Moreover, the program requires minimal space in your PC’s storage. This tool also doesn’t slow down your processor or device.
For more info, please visit: https://quick-enbooks-online.com/